How to use MiniMeis G4
Your MiniMeis is on its way or even better, you already have it in your hands. Let us help you to get started with some simple tips & tricks.
Jump to section
WATCH FULL INSTRUCTION VIDEO:
HOW TO ACHIEVE BEST COMFORT, MINIMEIS G4:
HOW TO LIFT YOUR CHILD FULLY INTO THE SEAT:
HOW TO AVOID PRESSURE ON BREASTS/CHEST:
HOW TO AVOID CHILD SITTING ON YOUR NECK:
HOW TO AVOID MINIMEIS G4 TILTING BACKWARDS:
HOW TO USE THE NEW MINIMEIS BACKPACK:
Elements of the carrier
Prepare for usE
Always inspect the carrier before use. Check for ripped seams, torn straps or fabric and damaged hardware. If damaged hardware is found, stop using the carrier and contact us for support.
1. Remove the side straps holding the MiniMeis in the folded position.
2. Rotate the back support upward. Both sides of the back support should slide into the lower portion of the frame.
3. Make sure both sides of the frame are secure before each use.
For Children over 10 Months of Age
Ensure that the child is safely positioned in the carrier according to the instructions below.
1. Place the MiniMeis on your shoulders. Connect the chest and side buckles. Tighten side straps firmly.
2. Lift the child up in the carrier and place it all the way into the seat. It should not be seated between
the carrier and the neck. Child must face forward.
3. Immediately fasten the waist belt around your child and tighten it firmly.
4. Fasten the leg straps around the legs and secure with buckle.
Always check all buckles snap, straps and adjustments are secure
Extra support for children 6 – 10 months
If your child needs extra upper body support, use the MiniMeis with the 9-point-harness as described below.
The child must be able to sit up unaided.
1. Secure your child in the seat by fastening the shoulder strap in the loop between its thighs and the two loops at the back of the frame.
2. Fasten and tighten the waist belt and the leg straps.
3. Place your hands through the straps on each side of the MiniMeis and grab your child around the waist
(as you would normally do to lift it up on your shoulders)
4. Lift the child up on your shoulders.
5. Attach the MiniMeis by fastening the chest and side straps. Tighten side straps firmly.
Always check all buckles snaps, straps and adjustments are secure.
More usage tips
CORRECT SITTING POSITION
If you are not able to lift your child fully into the seat at first try, use the child’s legs to push it properly into the seat. Immeditaly fasten and tighten waist belt. Check with mirror that the child is sitting properly into the seat, displaying a curved setback.
ADJUSTMENT FOR WOMEN
If the carrier is still not comfortable over the chest area after adjusting the straps, then release the chest strap. The two side straps MUST remain connected and tight
ADJUSTMENT FOR ALL
Use some time to adjust all straps so the carrier fully suits your body. If the MiniMeis is tilting a bit backwards, loosen the chest strap and tighten the side straps.
How To Fold / Store MiniMeis
1. Grab the strap marked “FOLD” with one hand.
2. Use your other hand to pull top of the frame. The back support section will slide out of the lower section.
3. Fold the back support section down.
4. Attach the side straps over the folded hinges in criss cross pattern to keep the MiniMeis in the folded position. Use the buckles to tighten the fold.
Attach the provided shoulder strap to the MiniMeis for easy transportation. If bought after 2019, your MiniMeis G4 will also have a carrying strap inside a pocket on the backside of the MiniMeis. Use this strap to carry the MiniMeis around your shoulder, or hang it over the handlebar of the stroller.
Important! Please put the shoulder strap in the pocket and seal it with the zipper before you place the child in the MiniMeis.