Hello from daddy blogger Lars zachariassen.
Our kids always help us making breakfast, dinner and supper. It´s not always the safest way to a clean kitchen and a fast and tasty meal – but yeah, we really enjoy it and the boys learn a lot. Both about food, numbers and helping out. And how salty salt really is. Not to mention what a plate sounds like dropping it from the workbench.
Since we got our MiniMeis, Monkey 1, 2 and 3 have been fighting about who’s turn it is to sit on daddy’s shoulders. And who can blame them; If I could sit on top of the world ruling, I would have fought for it too!
But for the first time, they wanted to sit in the MiniMeis in the kitchen today – while baking buns. Great idea I thought, one kid less to mess up a tasty sweet. I sat Monkey 2 up there and was ready to go. Found three eggs from the fridge and started juggling with them while gazing to my wife (who was sitting in the couch breastfeeding Monkey 3). She wasn’t too impressed, but the boys: Wow, juggling three eggs apparently makes you some kind of superhero. There’s Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and me.
Turns out that baking buns with MiniMeis wasn’t that good of an idea! At least not when the Monkeys started acting the way they usually do while baking…
… Anyhow, here’s the recipe!
Recipe tasty buns
- 1 MiniMeis
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4cup water
- 1⁄2cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put your monkey in the MiniMeis.
- Try juggling 3 eggs.
- Mix 2 cups of flour & yeast.
- In a separate bowl; heat milk, water, oil, sugar & salt to lukewarm temp in the micro.
- Add all at once to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough (2-3 Cups).
- Mix well, then place it on a floured surface and let it rest under a bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into 12 slightly flat balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Wait for them to doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated 190 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.